The Monthly Memo Archive
The Monthly Memo
December 1, 1998
Please visit our web page. The site address is:
There is a wealth of information available on this page that I am confident you will find useful.
Let us know if you who have any suggestions for changes or additions!
- 1998-99 notification lists and other associated reports are scheduled to print 12/8/98
- We will continue to run the vouchering process on Tuesday and Friday nights of each
week with the exception of Christmas week and New Year's week. Both the weeks of December 21st
and December 28th we will run the vouchering process only Tuesday night. Vouchering will not run
Friday, December 25th or Friday, January 1st. Our office will be closed December 24, 25, 31, and
January 1. Just a reminder that we cannot guarantee that your request can be loaded on the same
day it has been received if the information arrives after 12NOON. Please keep in mind that it
takes two to three business days after the vouchering process runs before checks are physically
printed. So please plan accordingly. Contact me if you have any questions.
- Currently the award commit and spent for WHEG and WTG is as follows:
|UW WHEG Award Commit
||(last year at this time it was 140.00%)
|UW WHEG Spent
||(last year at this time it was 47.10%)
|WTC WHEG Award Commit
||(last year at this time it was 139.70%)
|WTC WHEG Spent
||(last year at this time it was 44.80%)
|WTG Award Commit
||(last year at this time it was 109.33%)
||(last year at this time it was 44.19%)
Based on the information provided on the first reconciliation form and on the current spending
level, the "W" code has been placed on new WTG applicants. These codes were first included on the
10/27/98 notification list and will continue to show on future lists. A second WTG reconciliation
form was sent on November 22nd. It is due back December 3rd. Once this information is received, I
will let schools who participate in the WTG Program know as soon as possible whether or not spring
awards will need to be reduced. I hope to allow you enough time to adjust your spring voucher
requests if necessary.
- There are 23 schools who have not vouchered any of their "new student" Tip
Allocation. If this applies to your school, please voucher the awards as soon as possible. If your
school will not spend the funds that have been allocated, please notify Sherrie Nelson so she can
reallocate the funds.
- Please return all refunds as soon as possible. Please continue to include the
following when you are sending refunds:
- School Code
- Student's Name
- Student's Social Security Number
- Amount of money that is being returned for the individual student
- Type of program the funds have been disbursed from and the Disbursement Code
- What semester or term and academic year the funds were originally disbursed for
- Voucher Number
This information is very important! Thank you.
- Please be aware that at the end of 1998-99 there will be a June 15, 1999, deadline
for submitting all adds, changes, vouchers, and refunds.
- Please continue to update all student residency statuses by sending a separate memo
to the general HEAB email address. Include the student's name, SS#, and resident or non-resident
status. These changes will be processed as a file maintenance update. As I mentioned in the August memo, if it is not clear based on the statutes whether a student is a
Wisconsin resident or not; please have the student complete the Residency Status Form and submit it
to the Higher Educational Aids Board for our committee to review.
- All of us at HEAB would like to thank all of those who organized, hosted, and presented
at the High School Counselor Workshops. Once again they went quite well and were much appreciated!
I appreciate your feedback and thoughts! My phone number is 608.264.6181, FAX: 608.267.2808,
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org and
SNAILMAIL: HEAB, P.O. Box 7885, Madison, WI 53707-7885.
Jane Hojan-Clark, Acting Executive Secretary
Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board
The Monthly Memo Archive
HEAB Main Page
Financial Aid Programs
Financial Aid Application Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Information for Financial Aid Administrators